We took the ferry to the Chausey Islands, 11 miles away, it took about 1 hour.
You get on the ferry by stepping on this narrow 12 inch looking walkway. I'm shocked no one fell off.
Land ho! We made it.
All of the white on the map below is privately owned land. You can hike on the trails and the property owners "permit" it, but the vast majority of the island is private. There are only 10 full time residents on the island. One, yes only one, public bathroom.
I love these stairs.
So quaint and charming.....
These are our three guides who were with us for the week. The theme was pirates, so each of us adults had a group of 8 or 9 kids and we had to follow a treasure map. Needless to say I got lost 2 minutes after leaving the group.
My group of "pirates" who completed their boat on the beach, one of the requirements on the "pirate mission".

At the end of the day, the guides all got together and did up a wax seal on each group's pirate charter. It was very well done.
This here fort was used by the military. That's all I remember:)
Cages for crabs or lobster, I can't remember....
The only postbox on the island.
Artsy accidental nostril shot.
I want this stone wall....
These people were doing an exavation of this site dated from somewhere from 1300 to 850 B.C. Super cool.













































.jpg)






Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire